Weed muffins can become your favorite type of muffins if you are willing to put a bit of effort into making them. There are so many ways to make muffins but the weed muffins made with cannabis are supposed to be a healthy option. The good thing about weed muffins is the fact that the portion of THC in them is between 5 and 10mg, which is below the recommended beginners dosage. So even if, by mistake, you grab a weed muffin and take it to work, nobody will even notice since only you will be able to enjoy them and feel the positive effects. Same goes with weed cookies – they are nice sweet treats as well with a little extra spice from the weed.
Muffins are good to eat any time of the day, be it breakfast or as a snack.
There are so many ways to make muffins but the weed muffins made from the cannabis plant are supposed to be a healthy option. Blueberries contain antioxidants that are very useful in neutralizing the free radicals in the body. They are low in fat, have lots of fiber, and contain manganese, which is useful to convert fats and carbohydrates into energy. So try this recipe for Weed muffins. Because it seems to be a good thing!
How to Make Weed Muffins
- Small saucepan or a frying pan
- Measuring cups
- A spatula
- A whisk
- Muffin tray with cups
- ½ cup of 100% vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 6 grams of ground cannabis or three grams full melt hash (no straining necessary)
- ½ a cup water
- Cake Flour
- Measure oil and pour it into a frying pan that’s kept at room temperature.
- Add the ground cannabis to the oil and heat the mixture.
- Let it simmer for about 20 minutes using medium heat. As the oil and the canna boil together, the plant’s medicinal value is transferred to the oil.
- Remove the frying pan from the oven and let it cool. Once it has cooled, go ahead and strain the mix using a strainer.
- In a mixing bowl, add cake mix and slowly pour the strained oil into it.
- Add three eggs. Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend well.
- Add blueberries and fold them in such a way that they don’t break. Continue adding blueberries until mix changes slightly.
- Now pour the mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- At the end of 20 minutes, take the tray out, cool the muffins and have a nice time eating them.
- Add icing or toppings that best suit your taste buds!
Cannabutter Zucchini Weed Muffins
If you prefer savory over sweet, these are the right weed muffins for you.
Here’s what you would need for this recipe:
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini
- ½ cup melted cannabutter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Before we start going into the recipe, you might have noticed that cannabutter is on the list. Here’s what you would need to make your own cannabutter for your weed muffins:
- 1 oz top-grade cannabis
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- Grind the cannabis to a fine powder by using a coffee grinder or a strong spice grinder
- Pour the water into a saucepan and bring it to a steady boiling point over a medium heat temperature.
- Once the water starts boiling, decrease the temperature and add the cannabis powder. Whisk the water with the cannabis, making sure there are no clumps left. Leave it to simmer for an hour, occasionally stirring the mixture.
- Add the butter to the mixture and let it simmer for another hour over low heat.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool down just a little bit.
- By using cheesecloth over a bowl, strain the mixture to remove any residue left from the cannabis.
- Leave the mixture in the fridge for at least two hours so the butter can separate from the water.
- Scoop the butter out and tightly wrap it in plastic wrap. Keep it in the fridge or freezer until you need to use it.
For the lazy ones, you can even make cannabutter for your weed muffins in the slow cooker, and here’s how you can do that:
Now that we have the main ingredient all sorted, we can start making our zucchini weed muffins!
Directions for making the zucchini weed muffins:
- Preheat oven at 350F/175C
- Melt the cannabutter and mix it in a bowl together with the zucchini, olive oil, the brown and the white sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix the eggs one by one into the zucchini mixture. Add the dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour the mixture into muffin wrappers and place them into a muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Weed muffins can easily be made in the comfort of your own home and they are perfect for those who don’t smoke yet still love the effects of weed!