This is an easy, quick way to infuse cannabis into butter on your stove top. Be sure to use salted butter since it has a higher smoke point, and don’t leave your saucepan unattended!
You can drizzle this cannabutter over freshly cooked pasta or popcorn for a delicious high! Plus, all you need is three ingredients: water, butter, and cannabis. The joy of the recipe is you can use it for any of your baking or cooking needs. From brownies to mac n’ cheese, cannabutter is a must try!
Note: For medical patients, using two ounces of cannabis for each pound of butter will help to make a double-strength potent cannabutter.
- 1 lb of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of water (add more water at any time if needed)
- An ounce of ground cannabis flower
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 lb of butter into a stock pot or saucepan; let the butter melt and begin to simmer on low. Adding water helps to regulate the temperature and prevents the butter from burning.
- So, as the butter begins to melt, slowly add your ground cannabis product.
- Let the mixture simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
**TIP** Don’t let it come to a boil!!!