This recipe will put a new twist on an old American favorite.
Everyone young and old has loved this classic dessert. Pies have been created into both sweet and savory creations. From the meat pie to lemon meringue pie. Furthermore, its evolved over time as a means for a storable and easy-to-carry food item for people traveling. This is an easy recipe for making apple pie crust that’s infused with THC. Weed Apple Pie is not only nutritious but comes with a long-lasting high.
How to Make Weed Apple Pie
- 3 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- I teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup or 2 sticks of cold cannabis butter
- ¼ cup of cold vegetable shortening
- 5 to 6 tablespoons ice water
- 3 pounds of apples
- 31/4 cups of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 3 ¼ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- One teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- One large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Start off by sifting the flour, sugar, and salt into a bowl.
- Then cut and cube the cold cannabis butter and vegetable shortening and add them to the flour mixture.
- Mix ingredients together till you get a good crumbly mix with the light green color of the cannabis butter.
- Next, add the cold water, a little bit at a time and knead the dough gently with your hands. Do this until the flour mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball of dough.
- Split the dough into 2 parts, one slightly bigger than the other (bigger for the base; smaller for the top)
- Store in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, wrapped in cling film.
- Start rolling out the dough for the base and top of the pie crust evenly. Place back into the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, peel and slice apples. Add the fresh lemon juice and brown sugar. Mix together.
- In another bowl, mix in the remaining flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Add this dry mix to the apples and mix well. Keep the apples aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Take out your pie crust base, put it on a pie tray then scoop the apple filling into it.
- Top it off with the top crust dough and seal the base.
- Press in edges of the pie crust to seal and poke a few holes on top with a knife. Decorate the edges with a fork’s tines with whatever design suits you.
- Next, beat an egg with a tablespoon of water and generously brush it over the top of the pie.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top and keep the pie in the fridge to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Place your pie in your preheated oven.
- Once you see the pie getting brown, bring the temperature to 325 degrees and let it bake for another 20 minutes.
***Take it out of the oven! Your delicious Weed Apple Pie is ready****
Get Into The Weeds
Famed Photographer Ophelia Chong returns to Into The Weeds
Famed Photographer Ophelia Chong returns to Into The Weeds along with genius marketing consultant, Chris Husong On episode 69...
Merry Jane’s Jim Baudino Gets Into The Weeds
.Merry Jane’s Jim Baudino Gets Into The Weeds on Episode 68 of Puff Digital’s Cannabis Infused Long From Interview Podcast...
Legendary Cannabis Advocate Jamie Shaw Gets Into The Weeds
Las Vegas Sessions continue with legendary cannabis advocate Jamie Shaw getting into the weeds on ITW Podcast On episode 67...