Despite it feeling like spring may never come, it doesn’t mean that 4/20 isn’t going to come quickly! So why not do a lung detox in preparation?
Most suggest taking a break and doing a lung detox. And I am the first to promote it, but in no way follow it. Quit? Smoking weed? Take a break – from weed? Like, you mean altogether? Mary, girllll….hell to the no! So if you are like me, and survive off your daily dose of cannabis then this is perfect for you. Again, I highly recommend taking a little break but there are alternatives to healing your lungs if you still want to smoke.
Firstly… there are alternative ways to take your medicine:
- Oils (CBD, Roji, Rick Simpson) – come in a syringe and jar
- Can be taken orally or place in food or a drink.
- Tinctures (CBD, Sativa, Indica) – use the dropper to place under tongue orally or place in food or a drink.
- Capsules (CBD, 1:1, THC) – take with a drink, for best results use green tea, oregano oil, or coconut oil
- Vaping (flower or concentrates) – you can use your favorite strain, shatter, or budder (different from cannabutter)
- Edibles (food, drinks) – either infuse your own products or purchase them. Buy an infused coconut oil and you can add it to just about anything.
*Be aware that using cannabis orally can change the immediate onset effects. Results may take 1-3 hours to kick in because it is processing through your liver.
At Home Lung Detox Tricks
- Keep Your Home Clean – It seems crazy. We all clean our homes right? Maybe… I mean usually, stoners are actually pretty neat, except there actually smoking area. But make sure you dust and use natural cleaning products. Smoke Natural – Live Natural!
- Ventilation – Open your windows once in a while for fresh air. Oil diffusers are super popular now and they actually have the added benefit of keeping your air cleaner.
- Just watch for mold!
Foods To Avoid
- Processed Meats – contains nitrates which are shown to be a cause of lung cancer
- Frozen Foods – For those with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or other lung issues, foods high in sodium can cause extra damage.
- Dairies – causes mucus production
Foods To Eat
- Ginger – great for detoxifying your lungs. It is delicious in food or on its own and fabulous as a ginger tea. Did you know that you can bath with ginger powder? It will help to release the toxins.
- Mullein – This extract is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that helps to rid the body of mucus and soothes the raw, inflamed tracts of your system.
- Apples – like they say “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. And the vitamin C will help lung detox and keep inflammation down.
- Celery – not so great plain but great cooked or with peanut butter on them. Celery is a rich source of organic sodium which helps in getting rid of carbon dioxide from our body.
- Watercress – This plant is crucial in the process of cleaning the lungs. Watercress contains phenethyl isothiocyanate. PEITC has been shown to be an effective chemopreventive agent lung cancer.
- Water – plain water is the best means of cleansing!
At Home Treatments
So there is there are the obvious things like getting rest, exercising, breathing and meditation that are beneficial for lung health. But you’re doing this anyway because they are things beneficial to each part of your body! So what else can help your lung detox?
Raw Honey: Buy some non-pasteurized honey (without added sugar). Take a spoonful a day right in the morning. The antibacterial and antiseptic properties will help alleviate your cough. And it promotes tissue repair – super cool!
Herbs: Cayenne pepper is an amazing healer of irritation of a cough and its great from gastro healing. You can add it to food or a drink. I love it on a hot chocolate. Spicy hot chocolate is very popular in Latin countries. Also try lungwort, plantain leaf, elecampane, lobella, chaparral, and/or osha root.
Oils: If you have had it before you know it’s disgusting! But it is so good for you. Add 2-3 drops to some water or juice and it will help to kill bacteria from growing. Plus, it helps with CBD absorption!
Menthol: Add a peppermint essential oil or cream to your back and chest. This will ease your respiratory muscles and help with decongesting the lungs. In addition, you can also chew on peppermint leaves if you’re not a fan of the smell.
Inhale: Boil some water, pour it into a bowl, add a few drops of Eucalyptus oil and inhale – it will clear you right up from any congestion or mucus. If you have a steamer – even better!
Get Into The Weeds
Merry Jane’s Jim Baudino Gets Into The Weeds
.Merry Jane’s Jim Baudino Gets Into The Weeds on Episode 68 of Puff Digital’s Cannabis Infused Long From Interview Podcast...
Famed Photographer Ophelia Chong returns to Into The Weeds
Famed Photographer Ophelia Chong returns to Into The Weeds along with genius marketing consultant, Chris Husong On episode 69...
Legendary Cannabis Advocate Jamie Shaw Gets Into The Weeds
Las Vegas Sessions continue with legendary cannabis advocate Jamie Shaw getting into the weeds on ITW Podcast On episode 67...