Put your old school friendship bracelet skills to use to beautify your phone charger.
Phone charger cords are one of the most necessary pieces of tech equipment that you need. We’re all attached to our phones! Don’t lie! I mean it has social media, emails and you can even create blogs. But a phone’s no good without a charger to keep it running. With this DIY craft, you can make your charger cord an original.
This is a super easy project and you’ll probably recognize the technique if you’ve ever made friendship bracelets. It is an easy and mindless project. Perfect to do while watching your fave TV show or movie. Warning: This DIY can be time-consuming, especially if your cord is long, so make sure to grab your favorite weed and bong.
DIY Wrapped Charger Cord
- phone charger cord
- embroidery floss in various colors
- Wrap a piece of embroidery string around the top of your charger cord and tie a knot.
- Dab a bit of glue onto your knot to keep it in place.
- To make the Chinese Staircase wrap pattern, start by making a figure ‘4’ with your embroidery floss by bringing the string over the top of your cord.
- Ball up the rest of your string and wrap it underneath the cord and through the loop, you’ve created on the left side of the cord.
- Simply pull your string up and tighten it around your charger cord.
- Repeat steps 3-5 by making the figure ‘4’ shape, and pulling your embroidery floss through the loop and up.
- If you want to change colors, simply tie off the old color and knot, and then knot a new piece of string on slightly above where your old color ended.
- Once you get to the end of your project, simply knot off and dab with a little more glue so everything sticks in place.