We just gave you a way to make fried chicken even more lit than it already is.
If you suddenly find yourself with an unstoppable craving for a secret blend of twelve herbs and spices, there’s a good reason why. Fried chicken is to DIE FOR! Before you call up Popeyes or KFC for a bucket or two, why not make your own? Learn how to make delicious, simple, and most importantly, cannabis-infused fried chicken. And in the comfort of your own home!
Marijuana Infused Fried Chicken Recipe
- 6-8 cups of ground up weed
- 2 quarts of cooking oil of your choice
- 4 pounds of bone-in chicken, 4 drumsticks and 4 thighs
- 2 separate tablespoons of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of celery salt
- 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of vodka
- Put ground weed and oil in a pan and heat it at a low setting for a few hours.
- Strain the plant matter out and set the oil aside until you’re ready to begin frying your chicken.
- Now, you can focus less on the cannabis and more on the cooking.
- Place the chicken pieces on a baking sheet and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the salt on them. Set aside for 30 minutes while you make the seasoning blend.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, and the last tablespoon of salt in a bowl and whisk them.
- Then, place the buttermilk, egg whites, and alcohol in a medium bowl and whisk.
- Fit a wire cooling rack onto another baking sheet. Put one piece of chicken in at a time into the buttermilk to completely coat, then place into the flour mixture and shake the bowl until the piece is completely coated.
- Place all coated chicken on the rack for up to 30 minutes while you prepare to fry.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Use a deep-fry thermometer to make sure the temperature is about 350°F.
- Wash and dry the empty baking sheet the chicken was seasoned on. Line that baking sheet with paper towels and fit the second wire cooling rack on it for a cooling station.
- Place 2 to 3 pieces of chicken at a time and rotate the pieces every 3 to 4 minutes using tongs.
- After 12 to 15 minutes of cooking the pieces at 325°F, they should begin turning golden-brown with an internal temperature of 170°F.
- Place all the fried chicken on the second baking sheet.
- Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying!
Get Into The Weeds
Famed Photographer Ophelia Chong returns to Into The Weeds
Famed Photographer Ophelia Chong returns to Into The Weeds along with genius marketing consultant, Chris Husong On episode 69...
Merry Jane’s Jim Baudino Gets Into The Weeds
.Merry Jane’s Jim Baudino Gets Into The Weeds on Episode 68 of Puff Digital’s Cannabis Infused Long From Interview Podcast...
Legendary Cannabis Advocate Jamie Shaw Gets Into The Weeds
Las Vegas Sessions continue with legendary cannabis advocate Jamie Shaw getting into the weeds on ITW Podcast On episode 67...