A common question which many of our readers ask is how to make THC vape juice? Well, if you are in the same boat, you have landed at the right place as we will be providing all the information you need to make the best THC vape juice.
Cannabis-based products are becoming more popular, and the legality of these products is becoming more ubiquitous with each passing day. Thankfully, making your own THC vape juice is not a complicated process if done in a controlled environment.
THC vs. CBD Vape Juice
It is essential to understand that the effects of THC vs. CBD differ a great deal. If you want to make CBD vape juice, you might want to start with a strain with high CBD and low THC; strains like ACDC, Canatonic, or Harlequin. CBD e juice is preferred by users who do not want to feel the high effects derived from using THC.
On the other hand, if your goal is to get high, then you might want to go for a strain with a high THC content to produce your THC vape juice.
To start making your own high-quality THC vape juice or THC e-juice, you will need access to a few simple materials. It’s also helpful to have prior knowledge in the area of producing some of the ingredients for the e-juice.
For instance, if you are going to produce vegetable glycerin fairly quickly, you will need a minimum of 3-4 hours for this process – and about three months if you are going for the distilled option. Rosin extraction will take about two hours, and it is the least difficult of all the processes.
Essential Tips For The Recipe
- Ensure you use 100% USP food grade Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin
- It is essential to use a syringe to measure the liquids for the best formulation.
- Use a fine sieve or shrimp net to press out the liquids without producing much waste. Cheesecloth will absorb most of the juice.
- It is also essential to use a strong jar and ensure you begin with cold water so the Mason jar doesn’t shatter.
- Once the product has been formulated, you need to store it in a cool, dark place to make it last for a longer period. Well stored product can last as long as a year.
How to make THC Vape Juice
Depending on where you live, it might be difficult to buy cannabis in any of its forms, so the best option you might have is to grow your own.
Fortunately, there are only a few steps that you need to follow to make THC e juice. Most of these processes involve the extraction of the THC oil from cannabis bud and then mixing with the carrier liquid – like vegetable glycerin (VG), propylene glycol (PG) and some other kinds of wax liquidizer.
The method we will discuss here on how to make THC vape juice is a simple method that anyone can implement. In short, the cannabis will be mixed with our PG/VG mix, after which we add the jar to our pot containing water, before extracting the THC from cannabis in the mixture with heat.
- Preheat the oven to 250℉ (121℃).
- Next, grind the cannabis buds. It is better if the grind is fairly uniform.
- Get a baking tray and spread your ground cannabis across it evenly. Then cover the entire mass with foil
- Once the oven is heated, pop the baking tray in.
- The next step involves the PG/VG. If they are bought separately, you will need to mix them. You should mix to the percentage of your choice, but the recommend is a minimum of 50% VG. However, it is essential to remember that PG brings out more of the flavour, so you might opt for 60/40 with higher VG content.
- Leave the cannabis in the oven for about 40 minutes, remove and allow it to cool (The decarboxylation process is essential in the conversion of THCa to THC)
- Then place the cooled buds into the jar and add the PG/VG mix till the buds get saturated. Ensure there is enough of the mix to cover all of the cannabis buds.
- Pour water into a bigger pot, and also add water to a second pot before placing in the big pot. Place the pot on the stovetop and heat until you reach a temperature of 220℉(105℃). This is where access to an accurate thermometer would be very useful.
- Add the cannabis mix in the jar to the water in the pot and heat to about 180℉(85℃). Once the desired temperature had been reached, it is essential to maintain it at that level without going above it. This is important to allow the THC to fuse with your PG/VG mix and still retain its high quality.
- Once the temperature in the glass jar has reached 180℉(85℃), you will leave the pot on the stove for at least one hour. Some people recommend 2 to 4 hours to give a higher potency. You can try any duration, depending on preference. The most crucial step to take here is to leave it at a consistent temperature. Don’t forget to mix continuously, and feel free to add more PG/VG if you feel it is looking dry. Try not to add too much, as it might weaken the mixture.
- Once you are satisfied with the results, remove the mix from the pot and place it aside to cool.
- While the mixture is still warm, take your sieve, pour the mixture into it and let it strain. You have your very own THC juice!
There are many methods you can employ to make THC vape juice, but this is one of the easiest to get into and try out.
Visit Store.HigherMentality.com for all of your vape and weed related needs!
Let us know that you think!
Get Into The Weeds
Merry Jane’s Jim Baudino Gets Into The Weeds
.Merry Jane’s Jim Baudino Gets Into The Weeds on Episode 68 of Puff Digital’s Cannabis Infused Long From Interview Podcast...
Famed Photographer Ophelia Chong returns to Into The Weeds
Famed Photographer Ophelia Chong returns to Into The Weeds along with genius marketing consultant, Chris Husong On episode 69...
Legendary Cannabis Advocate Jamie Shaw Gets Into The Weeds
Las Vegas Sessions continue with legendary cannabis advocate Jamie Shaw getting into the weeds on ITW Podcast On episode 67...