In a world of daily stress and anxieties, the human mind can often come under a lot of pressure which can directly affect your mood. Meditation is a great way to ease your mind and get more value for your energy. But how about taking it one step further?
While meditation is beneficial for your mental and physical health on its own, there is one more ingredient you can add to the mix. Marijuana. Whether you are smoking recreationally or medically adding meditation to a small part of your day or week may add energy to your day.
Cannabis does affect everyone differently so trying to meditate after smoking may not actually be for you. However, it may help you to become aware of how marijuana affects you. The right indica strain can help to relax you and to reduce the mental distractions. However, for some, sativa strains may are better to elevate their energy and awaken their mind during meditation.
So, if you’d like to improve your memory, slow down the aging process or support your immune system, meditation and marijuana is the route to go.
Beneficial for All
What if you could increase the power and healing potential of your marijuana and mental wellbeing?
Meditation and marijuana have added benefits for everyone. Overall, there is nothing wrong with mindfulness and feeling connected to anyone. But there are clinical conditions that it can have added benefits too:
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
Best Cannabis Strains for Meditation?
- Lamb’s Bread: An amazing strain for energy and positive thinking. Plus, it is said to be one of Bob Marley’s favorite strains. Finally, this sativa will taper off into a more meditative buzz which is great for a mid-day smoke.
- Granddaddy Purple: This cerebral indica will help with full body and mind meditation. It has a powerful euphoric side and helps to deal with stress and anxiety. Perfect for night time when you want to meditate before you go to sleep.
- Blue Dream: This hybrid balances full-body relaxation with gentle cerebral invigoration. This helps to ease the mind during meditation. If you are over-stimulated and need to meditate before an event, speech, dance show, whatever – this will set the mind straight.
- Northern Lights: This famous strain is known for its psychoactive effects and ability to induce a cerebral dreamy like state. Use this for moments when you need answers. This one will help with any panic or anxiety attacks.
- Laughing Buddha: An award-winning sativa that is very happy and upbeat. So if you are having one of those days, this is a great strain to kick you out of the gutter and get you laughing. Its tranquil abilities may have you gaining faith back into the world.
How To Meditate While Your High
Research has suggested to first meditate sober and getting the hang of that process first. Then, start slowly introducing marijuana into your meditation. No special people. No special equipment. You don’t even need to leave your house. Just you, a room and some cannabis.
- Find a room where you can be in silence and undisturbed for at least 20minutess.
- Find a comfortable position on the floor, bed or chair. Make sure it’s a position you don’t need to move from.
- Place your cannabis within arms reach and set your timer
- Set timer for 10 minutes.
- Inhale deeply, Hold your breath for a few seconds. Exhale and then repeat until you start to feel calm and relaxed.
- Start with your feet: do you feel any tension?
- Now, your lower back. Continuing to move up through each part of your body removing the tension.
- Start to focus in on your breath – inhaling and exhaling. Don’t try to control it, just let it go! Do you have any thoughts?
- Once 10 minutes is up, reach for your marijuana and take your first dose.
- Set your timer for another 10 minutes.
- Notice the marijuana high as it starts to kick in through your body. How does it make you feel? Does it change your breathing?
- Just observe and breathe.
- Repeat steps 5-8.
- When the session is complete, feel free to repeat this again.
- Now you should feel super relaxed or even a little sense of euphoria.
Overall, breathing and meditation are super beneficial for your overall health and coupled with marijuana create a powerful result. Control your breath – control your thoughts. When cannabinoids in cannabis interact with these receptors, they produce euphoric, relaxing effects. So take advantage! So when you smoke up, instead of Netflix, just start with a meditation.
This will continue to have benefits in your life full of stress. We all have it. Work, job, family, errands and the list goes on. So treat yourself – treat your mind – treat your soul. Start today.
According to the Rastafari philosophy, “the herb is the key to the new understanding of the self, universe, and God. It is the vehicle to cosmic consciousness.”
Get Into The Weeds
Merry Jane’s Jim Baudino Gets Into The Weeds
.Merry Jane’s Jim Baudino Gets Into The Weeds on Episode 68 of Puff Digital’s Cannabis Infused Long From Interview Podcast...
Famed Photographer Ophelia Chong returns to Into The Weeds
Famed Photographer Ophelia Chong returns to Into The Weeds along with genius marketing consultant, Chris Husong On episode 69...
Legendary Cannabis Advocate Jamie Shaw Gets Into The Weeds
Las Vegas Sessions continue with legendary cannabis advocate Jamie Shaw getting into the weeds on ITW Podcast On episode 67...