Happy Halloween! The good news is that, with the implementation of Cannabis 2.0 in Canada, edibles are now legal. The bad news is that companies have to wait 60 days for their products to be approved. So, while your adult Halloween party won’t be filled legally purchased special candy this year, Higher Mentality has curated a list of 5 Halloween themed edibles that you can create at home.
Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds With Cannabis-Infused Coconut Oil
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds (clean and dry)
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter
- Small saucepan
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Melt butter in small saucepan
- Pour seeds into a mixing bowl with the melted butter
- Spread onto a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, roughly 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool then enjoy!
- 3-5 grams of weed
- 100 grams of dark chocolate
- Glass bowl
- Chocolate mold
- Decarboxylate your weed. To do this, cut your weed as fine as possible and spread it over a lined baking tray. Bake at 115°C for about 30-45 minutes. This will help prepare your weed for the absorption process.
- While your weed is in the oven, melt your chocolate. To do so, place a glass bowl on top of a saucepan with simmering water, add in your chocolate, and stir occasionally. The steam will gently heat your chocolate, leaving it smooth and creamy without burning it.
- Crush your decarboxylated cannabis as fine as possible, preferably using a powered herb grinder.
- Add the cannabis to the chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Once well-combined, pour the chocolate into the mold and let it cool. If you do not have a chocolate mold, feel free to use ice cube trays.
- Let the chocolate cool and harden in the fridge.
Spooky Cannabis Gummies
- ½ cup Cannabis-infused coconut oil (How to make it)
- ½ cup of cold water
- 2 tbs (20g) plain unflavored gelatine
- 8.5 g packet of flavored gelatine (1 pack Jell-o)
- Halloween themed mold
- Set stove to low heat and add water, cannabis-infused coconut oil, unflavoured gelatine, and flavored gelatine to the pot.
- Whisk on low heat for 5-10 minutes until the gelatine is completely dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool for a couple of minutes. Then, pour the mixture into the gummy bear molds.
- Put the gummy bear mold into the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
Halloween sugar glass
- 2 cups cannabis sugar
- ¾ cup water
- ⅔ cup light corn syrup
- Cooking pot
- Candy/cooking thermometer
- Medium saucepan
- Add cannabis sugar, corn syrup, and water to a medium saucepan.
- Insert thermometer and bring mixture to a boil. Stir constantly to melt the sugar.
- Keep stirring until the thermometer reaches 300°F.
- Once at 300°F remove from heat and pour immediately onto a baking pan (sprayed with nonstick or lined with parchment paper).
- Allow it to sit until hardened (about 2 hours).
- Once hardened, crack the glass by using a hammer or mallet.
Cannabis Caramel Apples
- 12 Apples
- 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) cannabutter
- 1 cup white syrup
- 14 oz condensed milk
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 12 popsicle sticks
- candy/cooking thermometer (recommended but not necessary)
- Normal butter
- 12 popsicle sticks
- Medium-size saucepan
- Cookie tray
- Wash, dry, and remove the stems from your apples and Insert all 12 of the popsicle sticks into the tops of your apples.
- Butter a cookie tray and large serving dish to prevent the caramel apples from sticking
- Over a medium to low heat, dissolve the butter, white syrup, white sugar, and condensed milk in a medium-size saucepan, making sure to stir throughout to prevent any burning.
- When your caramel reaches 235-240 degrees Fahrenheit on your thermometer, gently stir in the vanilla extract.
- When mixed, remove the caramel from the heat and cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Dunk your apples into the caramel sauce, then garnish them if you chose to do so, and set them on the cookie tray
- Allow caramel apples to set before eating
- The additional caramel can be scraped onto bite-sized pieces when cool
Have a safe and happy Halloween from all of us at Higher Mentality. Enjoy responsibly!