Millions of people suffer from the traumatizing feelings of anxiety.
However, with new research, CBD for anxiety is being explored as a treatment for patients who are severely struggling.
In fact, many people have experienced some sort of anxiety type of feeling in their life. Whether or not you recognized it as anxiety, the feeling can be overwhelming. Nevertheless, cannabis has been used as an anxiety relief.
However, THC has the potential to cause more problems for those suffering from anxious clinic disorders. So interestingly, in recent studies, using CBD for anxiety has been one the best treatments for medical patients.
So we asked Mindful Mary to provide some answers to some common questions.
CBD for Anxiety – the Stress Fighter!
What is “CBD”?
Mindful Mary: CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of many cannabinoids found within the marijuana plant. CBD is non-psychoactive meaning it won’t make you feel high. However, CBD has many medical benefits including calming anxiety.
In fact, CBD is an anxiolytic meaning it can fight against anxiety.
Another benefit is that CBD working against the effects of THC, which can be overly psychoactive for people and increase their anxiety. Furthermore, CBD counteracts THC, it helps to bring people down and give them a more calming and relaxing experience.
How does CBD work to fight anxiety?
Mindful Mary: CBD and Anxiety interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS helps to regulate many of our bodies’ functions, including:
- pain perception.
In fact, CBD also interacts with a neurotransmitter called GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid). GABA transmits messages from one brain cell, or neuron, to another. Its job is to tell the body to slow down and responds to many effects such as:
- reducing anxiety
- calming the nervous system
- helping with sleep
- relaxing the muscles.
Therefore, CBD is a GABA uptake inhibitor meaning, it creates a surplus of GABA in the brain resulting in quieting and calming effects.
How do you use CBD?
Mindful Mary: CBD can be used in many ways and whatever way you choose that is best for you to make sure to find low dosages of THC.
- Smoking – While this is best for immediate relief, it can be hard to find full CBD strains. If you do, this will have effective and long-lasting results.
- Vaping – A CBD vape pen is also an option, and there are a few specifically designed to relieve anxiety. This eliminates the danger of the lungs from smoking.
- Pills – CBD tablets are easy discreet and very common. Filled with CBD oil, they can be taken with water or a CBD absorber such as green tea or oregano oil.
- Oils – The best way of using CBD is through oils, they enter the glands, process through the liver and work to combat anxiety.
Are there any studies that back this concept on CBD?
Mindful Mary: The fact is that while marijuana continues to be federally illegal, tests are hard to conduct. However, small studies have been completed. In one study, Brazilian researchers conducted a small test on patients afflicted with generalized social anxiety. After consuming CBD, participants reported a significant decrease in anxiety. Researchers found a more cerebral blood flow patterns consistent with an anti-anxiety effect.
In another small study, researchers had patients suffering from Anxiety Disorder perform a simulated public speaking test. Participants reported significantly less anxiety and lower levels of stress. Lastly, a 2011 study found that CBD can reduce social anxiety, especially stress associated with public speaking.
CBD for Anxiety, what strains can I use?
Mindful Mary: Popularity in products and new strains have really grown in the last few years with the change of legalization. But if you are looking to smoke for your, here are the best ones for anxiety:
- ACDC: ACDC does not produce a psychoactive high at all making it perfect for anxiety. Instead, it provides feelings of alertness, focus, and serene mental clarity.
- Harlequin: Harlequin provides a nicely energized and focused experience. In addition. it will help lift moods with the strains anxiolytic properties.
- CBD MediHaze: this strain helps with attention to detail and is excellent for nerve-wracking events like public speaking In fact, it make help with social anxiety.